- How Do I...
- Join Our Team
- Firefighter Paramedic
Firefighter Paramedic Job Posting (Opens March 1st-31st)
Are you ready for a career that is more than “just a job?” It’s time to join Arvada Fire! We're hiring firefighter paramedics during a spring hiring cycle, which is open for applications from March 1st - 31st. An assessment center will be held in April and interviews in May. New hires will start fire academy in August 2023. Please read the minimum qualifications carefully before you apply.
Applicants must hold a current Paramedic certification or be currently enrolled in a Paramedic program and hold a State of Colorado Paramedic certificate prior to hire. Preference will be given to applicants with current Paramedic certifications and experience when scheduling assessment center spots.
Firefighter Paramedic Salary
|Year 3||$93, 469.84|
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid state issued driver’s license and acceptable driving record (State of Coloradorequired within 90 days of hire)
- Current National Registry Paramedic - OR - State of Colorado Paramedic Certification (State of Colorado cert required before start of work)
- Current Health Care Provider CPR, ACLS and PALS certs
- Passing score on the National Testing Network (NTN) FireTeam test - OR - the ColoradoFIREFighter Testing Consortium test
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- CPAT and Fire Certs not required to apply
- Fire and Police Pension Association (FPPA) Defined Benefit Pension Plan with 457account
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Retirement Health Savings account
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- March 1st - March 31st - Application Period
- March 31st - April 8th - Application Review & Assessment Center Invitations
- Arvada Fire Physical Ability Test (By invitation only)
- Week of April 17th - Assessment Center & PAT
- Week of May 1st - Chiefs Oral Board Interviews
- Week of May 15th - Conditional Offers
About Arvada Fire
Arvada Fire maintains nine active fire stations covering approximately 43 square miles in the City of Arvada, the northern portion of the City of Wheat Ridge, and portions of unincorporated Jefferson County. Arvada Fire employs over 200 employees who serve approximately 133,000 citizens with dedication, integrity, dependability, courage, and respect. Our mission is to preserve life, property, and the environment.
Arvada Fire is internationally accredited by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International(CFAI) and has been awarded a Class 1 Public Protection Classification (PPC) from the Insurance Services Office (ISO). We are one of eight agencies in Colorado and one of 113 agencies nationally with accreditation status and an ISO Class 1 rating.
We're a progressive agency with a supportive culture, opportunities for growth, dedication to responder safety, and an exceptional reputation for medicine, fire tactics, and special operations.